6.07.2010

Why the MTV Movie Awards are stupid

The MTV Movie Awards are stupid because The Runaways, which was a fairly good movie about a band, got exactly one nomination for, of course, Best Kiss. Why? Because it was between Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart. So original, MTV, glorifying hot girl-on-girl action. When in reality it wasn't even about that in the movie, it was like a pivotal moment, not some excuse to watch chicks get down. Of course Kristen beat herself when Twilight won for Best Kiss. She also won for Best Female performance in Twilight and while I haven't seen it, I would venture to say that she probably did a better job in The Runaways. But not as good as Dakota Fanning who f***ing rocked and got nada recognition. So as per usual, nice job, MTV, she said with heavy sarcasm. Good luck with that.

P.S. Old Work Crush is dunzo and New Work Crush is way, way cooler and came over for a beer last night. Goooooal!

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with you on this. And while I am upset that to say this I have to admit that I have seen the twilight movies I will continue with: there is nothing, literally nothing to write home about in these flicks. They are good at being what they are which is campy vampire flicks that make young girls pee their little panties but that is really all they are worth. However, in MTV land as we all know, the wetting of little girls' panties makes MTV A LOT of money and then therefore gets any movie capable of such a lot of credibility. Hence, the awards...anyway. I am with you, Al. The question for me now am I officially too old to see what is so exciting about these movies or are we just not raising smart enough young women today who can realize that there is nothing substantial in these flicks they are devoting their time and money too? It's a question for the ages I guess...

    ReplyDelete